Visits

hit counter

Monday, August 31, 2009

Bronx Zoo Engagement


My (Kate's) summer has been plagued with bad luck, mono, our kitchen ceiling ended up on the kitchen floor, we replaced the ceiling together (that was fun though), then a relapse of mono, then an emergency root canal... sigh.
Scott, knowing that I LOVE the rain, elephants and going to the zoo decided that on August 22, 2009 (just 2 days after the fateful root canal) we were going to get our rain gear together and tromp off for a rainy day at the zoo.  
It was fantastic.  It rained so much and it was warm so we were comfortable the entire day, walking around in our rain jackets while everyone around us was hiding under archways and in gift shops.  Finally we stopped at an information desk to ask about seeing the elephants and we learned that the only way to see the elephants at the Bronx Zoo is by way of monorail, and they had just closed it due to all the rain.  
Instead we kept walking, agreeing we could see them another time, and found ourselves alone, in the pouring rain in front of the rhinoceros paddocks.  I was sipping my delightful hazelnut coffee and looking for the rhinos when Scott tugged on my left hand, got down on one knee and said, "Marry Me?"  And put a beautiful ring on my finger.  I didn't say anything for a moment out of shock, and then I'm pretty sure I rambled a bunch of Yes's, and the rest, well, I don't want to kiss and tell... 

2 comments:

  1. love it! I love walking in the rain too. Sadly we don't get much warm rain in SF. Miss you guys but it looks like you are doing fabulous! Maybe coming to NY in December. We will see later. I would love to see you, your place and your cat!
    CONGRATS
    lisa anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony and I wish you much happiness. It looks like you are methodically searching wonderful places for your wedding. No matter what you choose, we know it will be wonderful because it will be Scott and Kate! Good luck on your search! Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog